Zanetti: "I want to continue to serve the Inter"

Unknown 2:53 م |

Javier Zanetti , one of the best players in the history of Inter Milan celebrates in August his 41st birthday. With the Nerazzurri , he knew in 2010 the greatest hits of his career championship, Italian Cup , Champions League and UEFA Cup Club World Cup.

In Italy , the man with 145 caps for Argentina has long been a legend . Il Capitano but do not count hang up his boots anytime soon, as he confided to FIFA.com .

Javier Zanetti, you are in Milan since 1995. After 19 years , did not you become a little Italian?
Yes, it's true. When you live so many years in the same city and we play for the same team , we finally identify. The club was fantastic with me from the beginning and it made ​​me feel quickly at home. I do not forget my roots, but after so long , I actually got a little Italian.

Your family and friends in Buenos Aires do not they want to see you go home ?
No, because they know that everything is going very well for me in Milan. They also know that this city and this club means to me. They are very happy for me. I spent part of my vacation and I go for some holidays . I'll see my family and friends. But I also look after my foundation " Pupi " with which we help children from disadvantaged neighborhoods of Buenos Aires. I always return with pleasure.

During these 19 years , Inter Milan scored many Argentine footballers css ranks. Your countrymen have they become your closest friends ?
Not only them . Ivan Zamorano , from Chile , for example, became the godfather of my daughter. Colombian Ivan Cordoba is her godfather of my second son and a very good Italian friend is the sponsor of the first . Nationality does not come into play .

What Italians and Argentines in common?
We are very similar, no doubt. In the past, many Italians emigrated to Argentina. Now are we, Argentines , and in my case we other players who return to Italy. But we always try to keep our identity.

Back a few years back . What are your memories of your arrival at Inter Milan from Banfield in 1995 ?
It was a big challenge. I was 21 at the time. I still had much to learn, much to discover. Land in a city like Milan, for a young man like me, it was not obvious . Many things , and experiences have allowed me to grow and to mature . I'm not just talking about my football career , but also my personal life. The club has always supported me and helped me . It was a big decision to come here and today I can say that it was good . I lived intensely the last 20 years . I 'm still proud and honored to be part of this fantastic club. Inter have given me everything .

Can we speak of eternal love between Javier Zanetti and Inter Milan?
Altogether. I feel sincere feelings for this great club for the Moratti family and for all the fans. It was a love at first sight and that love grew day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. The respect shown me is important to me.

Your wife Paula has she ever been jealous before such affection ?
No, on the contrary! After all these years , she also became a real Interista . She is aware that Inter will always hold a very important place in our lives.

You are known for your fighting spirit, your ambition and discipline. Is it true that you have trained a few hours after your wedding ?
Yes. We were married December 23, 1999 . During the Christmas holidays, we always get a special program to stay in shape. I 'm actually led me right after we said "yes". This is my way of being, it's part of my culture and my philosophy. Since the day I decided to become a professional footballer , I stayed true to these principles.

You have three children. What Does Dad Javier Zanetti ? It is also determined , proud and exemplary player ?
Yes , of course. I attach great importance to my children and I give them everything. When I can be at home, I spend a lot of time with them. I need it and it makes me feel good. I feel serenity when I'm with my children.

Talking about November 9, 2013 . You entered on the lawn in the 82nd minute of a home game against Livorno, after a ruptured Achilles tendon and a forced rest for six months. Spectators you have reserved a hero's welcome . What do you remember of that time ?
It was incredible . This deafening ovation gave me goose bumps , my heart was beating 100 miles an hour . Our fans gave me a special gift , I will always be grateful to them. When I hurt, I had only one goal in mind : I wanted to replay again at least once in our stadium , in front of our fans. Through hard work and an indescribable support, I could get there.

During matches , when you replaced or you get on the ground, you are always warmly applauded throughout the country . How do you feel this sign of respect from fans of other clubs?
It makes me very proud and it touches me . Football is a great sport. Despite the rivalry , it brings people together . Beyond the headlines, a footballer can not get much better than winning the respect and applause of fans whose heart beats for the colors of another team .

What the future holds ? How the story between Javier Zanetti and Inter Milan Will it continue?
My desire is always to stay in this fantastic family at the end of my career. What is certain is that I want to continue to serve the Inter and make myself useful .

Your foundation " Pupi " is also of great importance to you. Should we see evidence of your commitment that footballers do not think about money ?
What I will say is only my opinion , but not , footballers are not obsessed with money. Some embark on similar projects. It is important to think about those who do not have an easy life . I became aware of this responsibility and I created this foundation. We are happy to work for these children in disadvantaged neighborhoods of Buenos Aires who really need help.

You are the owner of two restaurants in Milan. You see , sometimes behind the stove ?
Oh no, definitely not! I am a very bad cook . I leave that to the experts. When I go to a restaurant is to eat. It's better for everyone.

Do you feel blame the weight of years ? Seeing you on the field, we do not believe that you will soon be 41 years old ...
I still feel young . Everyone feels differently. Age is , of course, but it depends on how it is managed. When one is in agreement with oneself , it becomes easier to maintain the highest level .

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق