Messi: "This World cup is timely"

Unknown 1:43 م |

Lionel Messi is back. After a series of injuries that have kept him sidelined during the final months of 2013, the Argentina captain has already had the opportunity to show his talent was intact. On January 16 , he still scored a goal against Getafe anthology - a team that manages it well - and confirmed to the world that the worst was over .

Three days before this new individual demonstration, Barcelona was in Zurich to attend the ceremony of the FIFA Ballon d'Or. On this occasion, he gave an exclusive interview with FIFA.com , in which he recalls the nervousness he felt when he followed the FC Barcelona matches on television, his convalescence in Rosario, the current form of the Albiceleste Brazil before 2014 and repeated wish: "May this be the year of the whole group , not just Messi ."

Lionel Messi, this year was special . On the one hand , there was the title of champion of Spain and qualifying for Brazil 2014. On the other hand , an injury ruled out of action for up to several weeks. How do you analyze ?
Yes , absolutely , it was a special year . I have not been able to participate either at the end of the championship last season or the semi-finals of the Champions League. I also missed the beginning of this edition of the Champions League. So we can say that the negative point of the year was my injury.

Coaches who have worked with you to agree on two things: your talent and the fact that you hate being sidelined . How have you experienced these many weeks of inactivity ?
It was hard, very hard ! But the fact to go to Argentina and get away a little cloakroom, this excitement has made me a lot . Even physically , these weeks off did me good. I try to remember the positive side.

Once again, at the first opportunity , you return to Rosario . What do you miss most about your hometown?
Everything! My friends , family. Be there, the only being in my house, to enjoy a little, it makes me feel good .

Can you walk quietly in the street?
Yes, more or less like in Barcelona (laughs). No, I try to go from house to house , among my friends and family. I do not walk me down the street too .

You have been obliged to follow Barcelona on television. Does it make you more nervous than usual?
Yes, completely. Much more than when I'm on the field. Being outside and see that you can not lend a hand is the worst of all .

Did you feel anxiety over the fact that we are in a year of World Cup FIFA?
No. I worked very quietly , first at the national center of the Argentine Federation and my home in Rosario, where I still worked well . At six months of the event, I'm fine physically , in the head too. It did me good to have contacts with people. I focused on recovery, because I had nothing else to do. I was locked up somehow! I thought of nothing else.

Lionel Messi, each year World Cup Is a particular year ?
Yes, of course , although there was still a few months. Sounds a bit far and at the same time , it will happen very quickly. But before that, there will be many other important things : the Champions League win again La Liga, the Copa del Rey . We not moving step. But it's true , we are already thinking all the World .

Many people say that this is the year of Argentina , due to its recent performance, the age of the players and their experience. Do you agree ?
Yes, it's true. We arrive at the right time . We were not very good start but after the match won in Colombia, we have achieved a great course . This match was an important and very good for us click. Our workforce is strong, but we'll see. In a World Cup , anything can happen . It is very hard . But I think it actually arrives World at the right time for us.

Talk about Brazil , an opponent you doing well in general. You beat the Seleção and scored goals against it repeatedly. Do you remember a particular match against that country?
Yes, I remember very well the FIFA U -20 in the Netherlands in 2005. We beat Brazil 2-1 in the semifinals . I had the opportunity to score the winning goal . It was one of my first great joys . It's still a very good memory.

What a World Cup match is special compared to other tournaments? What makes this unique competition ?
The World Cup matches are completely different , starting with the environment, how you prepare matches. It's completely different . The Champions League is also very special , but the World is more.

What analysis do you Group F, in which you have been placed alongside the Bosnia - Herzegovina, Iran and Nigeria?
It says a lot that this is an easy group for Argentina. But in a World Cup , there is no easy team. Everyone is there for a good reason. It is in this sense that there is no simple match in the World Cup .

Before we leave , could you complete the following sentence : " In 2014 , Lionel Messi will ..."
I do not know! I hope this will be a great year for Barcelona and Argentina , not just Messi, but for the whole group.

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق