Zidane: "Brazil is part of my life"

Unknown 5:51 ص |

 

 The road that led to the legend Zinedine Zidane has gone through Brazil. His two goals in the final of the FIFA World Cup 1998 and his anthology match in the quarterfinals of the showpiece in 2006 facing the Selecao have Zizou offered a place in the pantheon of football.

But if the fabulous destiny of this champion is forever linked to that country , the reverse is also true. Because the future of Brazil and "his" World Cup have recently been in the hands of Zidane, the French who participated in the final draw of the event this December 6, 2013 , in Costa do Sauipe . FIFA.com took the opportunity to meet and discuss this special relationship he has with the King Pelé nation , and his memories of the World Cup.

Zinedine , what do you feel when you review the images in the quarterfinals of the 2006 World Cup against Brazil, in which you shine ?
It's good ! ... In fact, I often do not watch my videos. This obviously recalls good memories ... There was something magical about the ground for me and many of my partners that day . We really had a great generation of players ... It was a beautiful moment.

This match is it the most successful in your career ?
This is often told me . In fact, I do not know. It is part of my best performances. But is that this is the most successful ? I do not know . I think there was some other , at least for me ...

But it is clear that Brazil is a team that has inspired you . We think this game in 2006 and of course the final 98 . Finally , Brazil was it not your worst enemy ?
Interestingly, when I mention Brazil with some former players , it is seen as a good footballing nation , but not more ... on this team has me in any case always inspired . Face it , I always managed to raise my game and my teammates also . Every time we met with the Selecao , we knew we were capable of anything. It has never been favorites ... And it is often in these cases the best things that you realize. It happened like that for us.

In two games against Brazil , you almost humiliated Selecao . Yet Brazilians do not seem to blame you . You feel at home in Brazil?
" Humiliate " the word is perhaps a little strong ... We won , neither more nor less (smile). But it's true , I did not feel they want me . Whenever I came here , people gave me the impression of being quite appreciative of what I have done against them. So one might have thought that I would receive stones ( laughs)! For the record, I recently met Mr. Zagallo , who coached Brazil in 1998. He told me something very touching. He told me that if he had to choose a player outside of Brazil to put in his team, he would have chosen me . From Professor Zagallo , it's a great compliment.

Somehow , your actions have they not been impregnated by the Brazilian football?
Yes , absolutely ! Moreover , small, when I played with my friends in the neighborhood, were organized false " World Cups " . Which team we wanted to be every time? Brazil! Since this country has always been part of my life ... Then the dream became a reality , I made a real World Cup , I had the chance to play against Brazil. So I said, "This Regale yourself Nothing can happen even if you lose, nobody will want you Be good, breaks up if you can win against Brazil, it will ! . . ! pretty in Table ultimate Hunting (smile) ! "

What are your earliest memories of Brazilian football ?
This is undoubtedly the World Cup 1982, I was 10 years old ... I see this yellow jersey , players like Socrates , Zico , Julio Cesar ... There were so many stars ...

Which Brazilian player has impressed you the most ?
There are many ... But for me, for being around , the best is Ronaldo , with whom I played Real Madrid.

Which words do you think when you say "Brazil" ?
Celebration, joy, gaiety , the yellow jersey ! This is the class , absolute happiness ... And it's an audience of connoisseurs . I think we will witness a great tournament , with nice players.

The France team will include travel . What did you think of their qualifying campaign?
She qualified , this is the good news. For a country like France , taking part in the World Cup is essential . After the way ... it happened that happened during qualifying , but the important thing is to be there. We note that.

Does the fact of winning the difficulty can help to transcend in the upcoming deadlines?
Certainly. The hardest thing is to qualify. And when you do a course like this , you say : " there is ." Then it is another competition begins. There is the preparatory phase and the tournament begins six months after the end of the playoffs ... That's where he 'll have to be ready physically and mentally. It will be a different mindset . I want them to be ready for June.

What are the chances of the Blues at the next World Cup ?
They have a good chance . The players are already in the competition. But again it will be ready the day J. We can now say " they are real " or " they are not real ." But in truth it is in six months it will be operational and ready to do something big. They are able , France players to achieve doing something.

How does it feel when you won the World Cup ? What it means on a personal level ?
The World Cup is the icing on the cake! This is the ultimate , you can not do better. Every player dreams of participating in this event and few succeed . Then, the goal is to go as far as possible , to reach the final , to try to win, then score a goal ... And when you have done all that, it is the apotheosis ! This is the absolute dream of every football player.

What does it mean for a country to win such an award ?
This is huge ! In 1998, we lived with people. Even if we were in our cocoon, in Clairefontaine , we could still see what was happening outside ... It's great that football can unite . This is what we managed to do, at some point , at least for a while: create this harmony between people, across the street. For a time, we can say we helped create something unique through sport .

What do you expect the World Cup in Brazil?
Like everyone else , I think it will be festive ! Brazil is the country of football altogether. Although football was invented in England , Brazil has much in its evolution. You must be at the World Cup : if there is a play, this is the one !

Do you have a favorite?
This would be a European team wins in South America. But I have no favorites in particular. At this level there are more small teams. Before there were gaps between the larger nations and others, it is much tighter .

0 التعليقات:

إرسال تعليق